Just my thoughts, etched in words...

Saturday, June 24, 2006

To be honest, I don't have anything substantial to write right now...but the ennui of a languid evening is getting to me now...so here I am, in front of the computer, with absolutely no clue as to what these fingers will write!

But, one has to start somewhere! So I think I'll write about the novel that I have
just completed...lets see how the thoughts flow..the book is called One Night@ a Call Center...finished it at one go infact...6 hrs flat! Wow! Not bad! It is quite a rivetting piece of work..intelligently written...the high points of the novel are its humourous analogies and one liners..sometimes the author just prefers thinking aloud...

But that is not the only thing that strikes you about this book...though the general tenor of the novel is mostly funny, but there is a deeper thought that runs through it...something that made me think ( not that that is something which I never do!! Whatever gave u that idea! )...and that was about the things we fear in life...or what is that holds us back at times....simple questions, but try finding an answer and you enter a labyrinth...of your inner self...and you realise that in the quest of answering these questions, you are finding your own self...

What is it that I fear..that is the question that I decided to ask myself first...I made an attempt, though an unsuccessful one, to answer that...never realised a question as basic as that would be so difficult to answer...
but I need to find an answer..all of us need to...self appraisal is the best beacon light that we can give...to ourselves..

Being termed mediocre..being disregarded is what I fear...losing the ones that I love the most is what I fear...surviving on the crutches of fate, being dependant for existence...dying anonymous is what I fear...fear seems too mild a word for what I feel... these thoughts make me shudder...maybe that is a more honest expression of the tempest that brews in my mind...


No, my quest is'nt over yet...the journey has just started..there are many more questions that rattle my mind...they can't be left unheard..or unheeded...but let me guage myself better first, and then I shall write about them too...finding oneself is probably the most challenging job that I have ever undertaken..I'm sure you will not disagree.







2 Comments:

Blogger Ujwal said...

Yes, indeed. Fearing one's own self is the best compliment a winner can give to one's ownself. But, be careful, there is a very thin line between a winner's fear arising out of the want for more and the fear of self-doubt. Be careful of the latter.

Amazing last two paragraphs.

5:20 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger ARJ said...

A very weighty topic you've picked up. Hope you continue on this line of thought some more, I'd like to see what comes of this introspection.

I hope you realize that you are also forcing the rest of us to introspect with you.

6:28 PM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home