Just my thoughts, etched in words...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm back in my hostel now, and its rather unusual for me to be writing a blog here..can never really find the right atmosphere here to write one..our computer room is all stuffy..there are always people waiting for some computer to get free so that they can gorge on it..am counting myself in that category too!! Infact, am the worst of its kinds!! The keys require all the energy that you can infuse in yourself when you type, and after five sentences, you are left with your fingers aching, begging you to stop! But the addict that one becomes after the incessant use of such a device, you really don't bother about such minor agonies, even when they get manifested in self infliction!
Some ordeal it is to work on the computer here! Maybe its not that bad either, but coming back from home where I have my laptop all to myself, any hour of the day, the strict regimentation of the hostel can actually get a little trying. But since I've been in a hostel for almost six yrs now, am more or less accustomed to the whole drill. But, even that does'nt help mitigate the frustration of it all.

Normally, my blogs come when I'm in some mood to write, when there is a desire to capture a thought, and mould it into the written word, but today, am doing it for the abject lack of anything better to do..had to meet a friend online, but dont think thats going to happen today..and since I still have 40 mins left to myself on this computer, this the best way I could think of whiling away my time. I do have a lot of other, more fruitful things to do right now, a slightly less consequential one being studying for my Term exams, that are but, a couple of days from now(oh boy!! they are actually that close!!), but I really am in no mood to go to my room, with all my books staring at me, quizzical looks on their faces, questioning me as to why I have estranged myself, almost permanently from them....unfortunately for them, at this moment, writing is what I'm going to beguile myself with.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This might be the one blog of yours which totally lacks in content, yet somehow compels the reader to read on and on. You deceive the reader into thinking something concerete and specific is about to come, and it doesnt. Strangely, the reader leaves with a smile on his face, confused, yet fascinated, by how beautifully one can express "nothing"! Keep writing, your sentences have great power, and their beauty is poetic!

5:09 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Nivedita Agashe said...

firstly thanks for visiting my blog...read ur posts and though i will not try to make an aware comment abt the social issues for i am not eligible for that i have to say that ur use of language is impeccable...ur articles compel one to read them through and i hope to becomme a more aware human being by reading them....so keep posting....
niv

7:52 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Achal said...

Maggu to the core!!

10:31 PM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger Achal said...

Much Ado About Nothing! Weaving a yarn but a good one. Why don't you try your hand at story writing? Publish full stories on blog.

10:38 PM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home