Just my thoughts, etched in words...

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I love reading books. And better still, sitting at a Bookstore like Oxford, comfortably couched, perusing through any and every book that I can lay my hands on! I remember when I was in the PGW Hostel, Delhi University, whenever I would bored, I would just pick up my bag, take the Metro and get off at the Barakhamba Road Oxford Bookstore, spend a good 3-4 hrs, feasting myself on all the wonderful (and mostly terribly expensive books) that they had on display! My most relaxed moments found fruition here. And sometimes I miss that here in Patna. Though there are some good bookstores here, but nothing quite like it.

But even more than reading, I love buying books! I don't know why, but it just gives me a different high to spend a bomb on them. Somehow, none of the books you ever want to buy come cheap..the pricetags good enough to deter even the most avid of readers! But my book store guy has seen through me now, he just plays on my weakness! He knows I can't resist the temptation of buying a good book when I see one (and more importantly, when I have enough dough in my pocket, which is a rarity actually!). And so, he will always, always come with his standard line, "Nupur, here is another book that you might like to read!" And as expected, I end up buying much more than what I had intended to! But, books are an investment, and I dont mind spending on something good.
Then, there is the thrill of imprinting your name on it. I simply love writing my name on the books that I buy, accompanied by the date I bought it on. I know, when I get old, these are the small things that will bring a smile to my face.

1 Comments:

Blogger Achal said...

Very good idea about names and dates. Main bhi karoonga. Good memories material

12:50 AM, September 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home