Just my thoughts, etched in words...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

There are just two things on the entire planet that can psyche me out. A dental problem and an eye problem. And unfortunately, today, I had a rather terrible experience with the former. Some problem in my gum propelled a visit to the dentist. Well, some things you just need to do even when you would give your right arm to keep them at bay....sigh! So, there I was, on that huge chair, my mouth wide open, counting my every breath, I was so sure I would miss some!
You know I have this terrible habit of asking the obvious. Every two seconds I would ask the dentist, 'will it pain?', 'will it hurt?'...Gosh! What was I doing? Expecting the doctor to say,'No, Sweetie, it wont....u'll feel like you're having an ice cream!!' Of course it'll pain, I could almost see the doctor shouting at me, nostrils flaring at this terribly irritating girl that, unfortunatly, happened to be me! I'm sure he was itching to wring my neck and end all problems, future and present!

Well, anyway, the process began without much struggle on my part..I need to maintain some semblance of dignity, don't I? After all, I am a grown up girl, even if I have to strain myself to behave like one. However, no exaggeration here, it was indeed painful. It is only when you're sitting at that ominously enormous chair, with that glaring light staring at you, those sharp and scary looking instruments all ready to invade your mouth do you realise ( atleast I do, because I always need to learn the hard way!) why you ought to have taken better care of your motiyon jaise daant, and why you have should have used the Laal Dant Manjan...alas! Too late...you're already at the anvil, and this cobbler is surely going to set you(your teeth in this case) straight!

While I was busy cursing my luck and thinking how terribly unfortunate and wronged I was, and why the whole world must now sympathise with poor 'ol me, there came this old lady to get her teeth extracted, three of them infact! Boy! Was she scared! For the first time ever did I see someone actually shiver and shake with fear! Her bosy quivering fro head to heal, her teeth stuttering incoherently. Somehow, her pain gave me the confidence to bear my pain. Surely, it was'nt bigger than her pain? And I could'nt allow my confidence and my strength to fritter away, infact, spill it with my very own hands? No, I could not and I would not. I braved the rest of the session without as much as a grunt (ok, I'm lying here, I did continue to grunt, but far less!). Tomorrow is another similar session at the dentist's...and what am I thinking now? Like Scarlett used to say, I'll think about it tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

well.. dats a rather small problem u hv put der... i knw.. trust me i KNOW... wen i say dat i knw d experience... having been thru... two root canals n 4 feelings.. in a single session.. i simply knw d feeling... i m being repetitive but..m only repeating my self 1/10th the time i was tortured by dat doc... see the irony of the situation.. my doctor was a beautiful punjabi kudi in her mid twenties.. with a charming smile.. but all i cud think at dat moment was dat she's is just gonna rip me apart n is giggling with excitement frm inside.. i did'nt c her friendly smile den as i thot it to b a devilish grin.. dat she just loves to cause pain.. n den she did sm thing dat gave me goose bums ... she took out the injection n started loading it... trust me if ne thng is more scarier den dos machines in the clinic is d syringe.. which though supposed to b injected to ease pain gives u a near heart attack wen cvomes near ur wide open helpless face... u cant do nething.. u cant luk away as ur mouth is tightly held.. nd imagine my plight i cud'nt even shout or ne thng as i was too much of a "man "to cry.. n she was too beutiful to show her dat i was a sissy.. ne ways i took dat injuction n a rather tedious procedure began... if u think one syringe is terrible.. imagine 4 needles inserted in my mouth ..inside d infected tooth.. each supposed to go in one canal.. oh i must mention here dat a normal human being has 3 canals in a tooth... but i being the "guinny pig "of god was blessed with four... so ne ways it started...
den came the other tooth .. which also had 4 canals...i cud c d god smiling at me... aur kha chocolate n "mujhe sirf laddu... woh bhi sirf tuesdays ko"ab bhugto... so der i was taking it all... the procedure lasted 1 week...
as dey say.. its a vicious circle... this dentist chair.. it just never ends..
m ending it here ..kyonki likh likh ke thak gaya hoon...
well all i wanted to say is dat answer to lifes problem cud b found at strangest of places... as u said u saw d old lady n forgot abt ur pain..dats d way u shud approach life n think dat no matter hw big ur prblms seem at dat moment der still r 90 percent ppl who hv bigger prblms .. so thank god for letting u b in those 10 percent .. who r blessed n move on....[:D]

9:11 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Achal said...

You have become both prolific and extremely good at blogging. Very good bunch of blogs. Congratulations!

10:19 PM, October 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home