Just my thoughts, etched in words...

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Both Saawariya and Om Shanti Om are releasing next week and I am in a fix! Well, the intellectual kind of dilemnas have often evaded me and nothing has changed this time either. My dilemna is which one to see first! I am a SRK loyalist and never miss any of his movies. Saawariya looks very fresh and rather inviting. And I kinda like both the newcomers too- Ranbir and Sonam Kapoor. The guy is quite cute I have to admit. I remember a friend asking me how I liked him, and I quipped, almost instantaneously, "He's cute, in a slightly demented kinda way!" I still can't fathom what prompted me to say that for such a decent looking actor. Maybe its the kind of insipid faces that the initial teasers saw him making. Ok, I take me words back. He's cute...in quite a ..umm..cute way ( My vocabulary has gone to the dogs..I've lost count of the number of times I've used this word today! Sigh!)! But, more than Ranbir, I like Sonam Kapoor...one of the prettiest faces I've seen lately, rather raw and exceedingly charming.
I'm also a little intrigued by what its going to be about. I believe its an adaptation of a Russian(?) play. The sets look rather make belief and unusual, and that has piqued my curiosity quite a bit.
So, on a chart of 5 stars for wanting to see this flick, I give it....all 5 stars!!

Umm...Om Shanti Om now- Shah Rukh Khan- the one thing enough to make me go and watch a movie. I loved Main Hoon Na ( I have a penchant for liking anything and everything that is visibly devoid of anything intellectual and thought provoking....show me glitz, glamour and lots of dance, and I'm happy!). And I like their new face too..Deepika Padukone is very pretty again. Gosh! I've committed the cardinal sin for any woman-praised another woman!! Two, infact!! :D
But, that oh-so-70's look- long tresses and boot pants look quite passe somehow..its got that been there, done that kinda feel to it, though I can't remember any movie trying that look off late, but still, does'nt seem too fresh...maybe because Farah Khan has caricatured that retro look many times before too in some of her songs.

Soooo....the most important question on which depends the future of the entire world, something that has bothered the US more than Osama Bin Laden too....is finally answered!! We shall see Saawariya first! :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice. Nietzsche would have been confounded by the dilemma a modern being faces - which road to take, which which team to support, what to eat, where to eat, what to wear, when to smile, when to feel lost, when to fake it, how to find a job, how to lose one ... when to end a damned sentence.

and the greatest of 'em all :
which movie to watch?

Nietzsche, surely, would have been proud.

6:13 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Achal said...

Nice to see you write a light piece for once, its well written to boot.

11:21 PM, November 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home